Khresmoi is developing a multilingual multimodal search and access system for biomedical information and documents. This is being achieved by:
- Effective automated information extraction from biomedical documents, including improvements using crowd sourcing and active learning, and automated estimation of the level of trust and target user expertise
- Automated analysis and indexing for medical images in 2D (X-Rays), 3D (MRI, CT), and 4D (MRI with a time component)
- Linking information extracted from unstructured or semi-structured biomedical texts and images to structured information in knowledge bases
- Support of cross-language search, including multi-lingual queries, and returning machine-translated pertinent excerpts
- Adaptive user interfaces to assist in formulating queries and display search results via ergonomic and interactive visualizations
The research flows into several open source components, which are integrated into an innovative open architecture for robust and scalable biomedical information search.
Choose one of the above categories for targeted Khresmoi results.
||This project is supported by the European Commission under the Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Theme of the 7th Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development