Khresmoi developed a multilingual multimodal search and access system for biomedical information and documents. This was achieved by:
- Effective automated information extraction from biomedical documents, including improvements using manual annotation and active learning, and automated estimation of the level of trust and target user expertise
- Automated analysis and indexing for medical images in 2D (X-Rays) and 3D (MRI, CT)
- Linking information extracted from unstructured or semi-structured biomedical texts and images to structured information in knowledge bases
- Support of cross-language search, including multilingual queries, and returning machine-translated pertinent excerpts
- Adaptive user interfaces to assist in formulating queries and interacting with search results
The research flowed into several open source components, which are integrated into prototypes based on an innovative open architecture for robust and scalable biomedical information search.
Choose one of the above categories for targeted Khresmoi results.
||This project is supported by the European Commission under the Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) Theme of the 7th Framework Programme for Research and Technological Development